Digital, Innovation & Technology - 2017 Agenda
The outline agenda for the Future High Street Summit's 'Digital, Innovation and Technology' conference can be downloaded via Digital Innovation Technology Conference Agenda 2017
Digital, Innovation & Technology Conference: Content Overview and Focus
This conference takes place in September, 6-months after our Placemaking Strategy Conference
, hopefully allowing many of our attendees to participate at both events.
As you will see from the outline agenda, the day is organised as follows:
- Following your arrival there is time for networking, morning refreshments and for visiting the sponsors' stands
- Then, for the first hour and a half of the day, the audience is gathered into conference to hear keynote speakers covering the hot topic of the day - how technological innovation is driving a digital transformation in our towns and city centres. This session reflects on the impact of technology on high streets, on the businesses that trade there, and on the people who spend their time and money there. We will discuss how the rapid pace of change, coupled with new and disruptive organisations, has forced long-established communities into a adapting to a level of transformation that has had a profound effect on the landscape of towns and cities both UK wide, and even globally.
- After a well deserved break, with more networking time, the audience then can make a choice from two, hour-long workshop sessions, depending on which happens to be more relevant to them at the current time.
- After an excellent lunch, with yet more networking and an opportunity to speak to the sponsors, a choice of a further two, hour-long workshops are on offer.
- After recharging the batteries over afternoon tea, the final session sees delegates come back together in conference for a final hour of keynote presentations, looking at how to harness the power of technology to secure a positive transformation in your place. This session aims to close the day on a positive note, with a selection of success stories that showcase the ways in which BIDs, local authorities and town centre partnerships have harnessed the power of technology and digital solutions to increase footfall, trade and community engagement.
As speakers are confirmed you will be able to read more detail about each session via the relevant pages - speakers, keynotes and workshops.