Placemaking Strategy - 2017 Agenda
The outline agenda for the Future High Street Summit's 'Placemaking Strategy' conference can be downloaded via Placemaking Strategy Conference Agenda 2017
Placemaking Strategy Conference: Content Overview and Focus
This conference is timed to follow the March budget, so a key feature of the discussions throughout the event will focus on the impact of that budget, and any recent policy changes, on towns and city centres.
As you will see from the outline agenda, the day is organised as follows:
- Following your arrival there is time for networking, morning refreshments and for visiting the sponsors' stands
- Then, for the first hour and a half of the day, the audience is gathered into conference to hear keynote speakers covering the hot topic of the day. During this session we will reflect on the impact of the budget on the high street including those who curate it, the businesses that trade there, and the consumers that spend there. We will also review the latest stats on high street performance and what trends are of relevance to place managers and regeneration professionals.
- After a well deserved break, with more networking time, the audience then can make a choice from two, hour-long workshop sessions, depending on which happens to be more relevant to them at the current time.
- After an excellent lunch, with yet more networking and an opportunity to speak to the sponsors, a choice of a further two, hour-long workshops are on offer.
- After recharging the batteries over afternoon tea, the final session sees delegates come back together in conference for a final hour of keynote presentations. The final part of the event aims to close the day on a positive note, with a selection of success stories that showcase the ways in which BIDs, local authorities and town centre partnerships have delivered a positive impact on their high street through a variety of approaches.
As speakers are confirmed you will be able to read more detail about each session via the relevant pages - speakers, keynotes and workshops.